There are so many ways in which to celebrate this wonderful day, and His Middle Name and Graham's Foundation are teaming up to spread the word! Below is a fun list of ways you can personalize the day for you and honor yourself or the preemie parent in your life:
- Visit Graham's Foundation's Parents of Preemies Day Facebook page and post a picture of you and your preemie along with your story of Hope, Resilience & Miracles.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your story and picture attached. Your submission will become a part of their Hope, Resilience & Miracles banner to be unveiled on Parents of Preemies Day.
- Help spread the word, especially among your friends and family! Download badges and banners for your personal use or simply have them become a fan of His Middle Name's Facebook page!
- Register to attend an event in your area or host a party! If there is no event in your area, register for Graham's Foundation's March 10 Twitter chat for a chance to win a Proud Parent of a Preemie prize package full of goodies that let you show your preemie parent pride!
- Wear your Proud Preemie Parent Gear or the color purple on March 10th to celebrate!
- Celebrate with new preemie parents by taking a gift to your local NICU (like bagels, candy, cards or other treats) on March 10th. I'm sure you remember what it was like in the NICU, and every little care package helps!
- Take pictures of yourself and your family and friends celebrating Parents of Preemies Day and post them on His Middle Name's Facebook page!
Most importantly, enjoy being a parent to your miracle baby! Talk about it, share your experience on the His Middle Name Facebook page or simply take time to reflect and be prayerful. I've said it many times, but I am so grateful that I have this website and blog to share my feelings, struggles and triumphs because sharing it with you has truly healed me. If you suffered a loss in the NICU or got to bring your baby home, my wish for you this Sunday is to know that you are special, strong and celebrated. Happy Parents of Preemies Day!